Monday, December 31, 2012

Review: Vtech Baby Lullaby Bear Crib Projector






    Description (from WalMart website)  $14 
    The VTech Lullaby Bear Crib Projector helps put your little one to sleep effectively. The VTech baby projector is a smart design that not only helps your baby fall asleep, but also familiarizes her with music and nature sounds. The projector has a volume control switch for when you need to lower the music. The timer setting feature makes it easy for moms to set the toy to play continuously for three, five or 10 minutes. It is easy to attach this Bear Crib Projector to the crib.

    This VTech baby projector is one of the best children's musical toys. All you need to do is press the round teddy bear button to play lovely lullabies and peaceful music. You can also change the sound effects and music, as well as the soothing images that are projected onto the ceiling. 

    VTech Lullaby Bear Crib Projector:
  • Includes several lullabies, classical works and nature sounds
  • Attaches easily to crib
  • Time-setting function allows mom to activate the unit for 3, 5 or 10 minutes
  • 2-mode selector switch for lullabies or nature sounds
  • Dimensions: 2.8"W x 5.5"H x 1.6"D
  • Requires 4 AA batteries (included)

  • Review:
    I had such high hopes for this cute little gadget, but it just didn't work out.

    Pros:  For the price I thought it was a gem.  I had my eye on it long before my Ashy Poo got here.  Every shopping trip to WalMart, I would always swing by the baby aisle and let him see it.   I'm a firm believer in letting my babies try out toys before I purchase them so I don't end up with a closet full of unwanteds.  My little man seemed to be entertained by it.  It was good for drawing and keeping his attention.  He was content to stare at it and the projected images.

    Cons: I didn't care for the voice.  Al thought it was creepy, he was like, "Ma, what is that?  Are you trying to scare the baby or something?"  And the worst part was that I tried countless times to get it to attach to the crib but the strap just would not stay.  I tried to reposition it several times so that the locking mechanism would catch but it kept falling. 

    Although my baby loved it, I just couldn't risk it coming undone and ending up smacking him in the face or something.  At his young age, he is still pretty strong and even if I rigged it up to stay put, he probably would have found a way to tug it loose and hurt himself.  The other con that I didn't like was the clearness of the projection.  I guess it's okay from a child's stand point, but if I'm spending money on something, I want to get the most bang for my buck.

    Verdict:  I only kept it for two day so I didn't take any personal pix of it.  For something that will be entertaining my Ashy Poo on the daily, I will probably shell out a few extra dollars to get something better.  Cute and it works, but not dependable.  If you can find a way to secure the straps, give it a go, but if you don't want the hassle (raising my hand), pass and pick up something else.

    Oh, and although I purchased this at WalMart for $14, Amazon has the ridiculous notion that someone is going to pay $29.99.  Stop laughing, some people swear by Amazon-but shop around before you buy because the Vtech website has it for $12.99.  
      


    Would Not Buy

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Let's chat!