Thursday, June 21, 2012

30 Weeks And Counting...And Slightly Disappointed

30 weeks pregnant.  Only 10 more to go!  I'm starting to feel that tiredness again.  Despite that I'm having trouble sleeping so I've given up my bed.  I've tried lots of pillows and turning on both sides but still can't seem to rest.  For some reason it's just not comfortable lying flat in my bed so I've started sleeping in my comfy chair with my feet propped up.  Slept like a baby.



I'm also experiencing some heartburn as well.  I noticed that at my baby shower this past weekend.  I luv the meatballs from Sam's Club (baked with barbecue sauce and pineapple) but I pay for it in the long run. 


Had my checkup the other day.  I only gained one pound in 2 weeks (yay) so now I'm at a solid 192 and feel every bit of it.  So tiring!  My doc says my blood pressure is good at 106/66.  I took the glucose test at my last visit and got the results today.  No diabetes!  I was really worried about that because I didn't know that I was going to have to take that test that day and I had eaten a sausage biscuit with grape jelly (and it was soooo goood) that morning.

I had a talk with my OBGYN and learned some information that I wish I had known earlier in my pregnancy.  My doc knew that I had my mind made up about not having anymore kids after this one so I'm pissed that she didn't tell me about this earlier.  I've already made up my mind that I don't want to deal with any type of birth control so I have made the decision to have my tubes tied.    Two are more than enough for me.

Well, like I said she knew that my mind was made up and that I had requested to sign paperwork so it would be on file on time and there would be no question of what I wanted.  Well in her perfect little world, she assumed that I would be getting the Essure which is suppose to be about the same thing without the cutting or tying.  She neglected to tell me that the hospital that I am delivering at only does tubal ligation if you have a cesarean.  If you have a vaginal delivery, the hospital does not allow doctors to perform this procedure in their facility.  WTF?

Well of course I did the research on this product and I ran into more horror stories than anything.  Here are just a few links I visited:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/219493551434262/
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/739/313/687/essure-the-problems-it-has-caused/
http://ehealthforum.com/health/permanent-side-effects-of-essure-t306369-a1.html

Personally, I just don't want anything left inside me that needs to be checked on and monitored.  And because nothing is 100%, if I did get pregnant, I would rather it be because God wanted me to and not because some man made object failed.  I understand all the risks and side effects associated with getting a tubal ligation but if it's a personal choice that I made, it really upsets me that because of St. Francis Hospital's Catholic beliefs,  I won't be able to get this when I deliver.  The only option I have at this point is to change my OBGYN and the hospital so that I can get the procedure done.

Stressed, yes!  This is not something that I want to be stressing about and while I've tried to explore that option, everyone that I talk to keeps telling me that I am too far along in my pregnancy to change my doctor.  Which I really don't want to change doctors but it's just frustrating to know that I'm going to have a separate surgery to get this done instead of having everything taken care of at one time.  I guess I'll just have to get some other form of birth control until I can get my tubes tied.  I still refuse to have any type of implant in my vajayjay.

Anyhoo, other than that, everything is fine.  I had my baby shower this past weekend  so that post should be coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!