Wednesday, July 25, 2012

35 Weeks...And Counting

I am officially 35 weeks preggers today.  Only five more weeks to go (sigh).  I visited my doctor today.  This visit was suppose to be scheduled for next week and would have been my last two week visit, but since the office has been so backed up with appointments, they got me in a week earlier.  And since I'm now seeing them every week, I've got an appt on Monday.



I guess all the weight I had been bragging about not gaining suddenly decided that it wanted to jump on me these last weeks.  Last week I weighted in at 201 , that was a five pound gain in just two weeks.  So this week I only gained one pound so I'm at 202.  And trust me, I feel every ounce of it.  I've given up trying to dress cute and opted for anything that fits and keeps me cool in these 100 degree temperatures.

My blood pressure has been the same for the past two weeks at 110/60 so they say that's good.  The one thing I wasn't expecting today was to have that GBS bacterium test.  I knew it was coming but the always tell me what they are going to do so I'm prepared but they didn't.  Not a big fan of the vaginal exams that I'm going to been having often, nor was I thrilled about the anal prob.  Not cool.

Then I got a new doc today because mine was an intern and she's moving to Wisconsin.  I don't want her to leave and I definitely don't want to have to get to know a new doc.  I'm spoiled on my current doc and I dread going round and round with my new doc about getting that freakin Essure.  Of course they want to know what type of birth control you will be using and when she took a look at my signed paper work she went in.  I'm guessing they are getting a commission or something for talking patients into getting that crap because they sing such high praises for it.  So damn sorry but I am not a follower, I know what I want and I don't care if I have to go outside their little circle to get it.  I'm not sure what birth control I will be getting until then, I'm still checking that out.  I'm just completely sure that I don't want any implants, period.

Another thing my new doc told me is that at 35 weeks, I measured at 38.  WTH?  So I read this article at Babycenter.com for a better understanding.  My doc says that it's okay.  She says that she would rather me be having a larger baby than a smaller baby.  She also said that if I happen to go into labor at this stage, since the baby is larger than normal, most likely they won't try to stop the labor.  Now I'm stressing because Ashten's father already has four kids, all of which were 9lb babies.  What have I gotten myself into?  Hopefully, Ashten is not big, just longer like Al was.  Let us pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!