Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pregnancy Week Wrap Up: 35 Weeks


1.       How far along am I?  35 weeks
2.       How much weight have I gained?  I weight 202 so I’ve only gained one pound since last week.
3.       What changes have I notice in my body?  I’ve had another belly growth spurt.  Until this week, I was still able to paint my own toes.  Granted I had to maneuver around my belly and mainly paint from one side, but I could do it.  Now I cannot.  I’m also having little pains behind my belly button.  The doctor says it’s nothing but it still hurts.
4.     
Advice my doctor is giving me?  Be prepared.  She said that at this stage and measurement (he measures at 38 weeks instead of 35) I could go at anytime although she would rather Ashten “cooked” at least two more weeks.  She also advised me to prop my feet up more to keep swelling out of my legs and feet.  But she did say that it’s important to get up and walk around so I don’t have that much round ligament pain in my hips.  My Lamaze instructed told me that I need to start doing Kegel exercises and mini squats with my back against the wall.  She said this would help when I have my legs in the stirrups waiting for baby to come, they won’t be so achy and tired.
5.       How am I sleeping?  Still can’t sleep well at night even though I’m still on the couch propped up with a million pillows.  I go to the bathroom at least every hour or so to empty my bladder.  If I don’t it makes me very uncomfortable.  I may fall asleep around 11 or 12 but wake up again around 2 or 3.  I think I finally get sleepy again around 5 or 6.  Catnaps during the day are where I get most of my rest.
6.       Best moments of the week?  My son hugging me, rubbing my belly, and saying that he can’t wait until his little brother gets here.  (Tear)
7.       What food(s) am I craving?  Olive Garden’s salad and chicken scampi.  Oh and Popeye’s mashed potatoes.  I haven’t been eating a lot of chicken lately, been on fish and vegetables so it’s good that I’m getting my love of chicken back.  No wonder I’ve been packing on the pounds lately, huh?
8.       What food(s) I can’t stand?  Nothing that I put in this face turns me off, everything is good.
9.       What am I looking forward to this week?  I love my new Lamaze class.  The one at the hospital where I’m delivering was sooo boring but this one is such fun and I’ve learned a lot. 
10.   What have I accomplished on my “To Do Before Baby Gets Here List”?  Absolutely nothing.  I’ve been busy getting Al’s school shopping done.  Oh, I did add some more stuff to my hospital bag that my Lamaze coach suggested.
11.   What I still need to accomplish on my “To Do Before Baby Gets Here List”?  Still haven’t gotten a car seat yet or a baby bag yet.  I don’t know why, I guess I’m just looking for something in particular.
12.   Pregnancy thoughts for the week?  I want this baby out now!  I’m hurting but I really just want my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat!